I am c/o bloating . Pain in upper GI that
Improper digestion of food possibly
Hello and thanks for choosing 'Ask a Doctor' service for your query.
I have reviewed your query.
Bloating is caused as a result of the formation of excessive gas in the intestine. Usually, this gas is a result of fermentation of food in the large intestine. This produces colonies of harmful bacterias and toxic gases which presses the intestines hence causing pain. This pain may radiate to back also. As pain involves left side it could be diverticulitis also. An ultrasound needs to be done for that.
Some investigations suggested are:
Blood tests, stool culture sensitivity analysis and ultrasound of the abdomen to confirm the diagnosis...Treatment can be done accordingly to resolve the problem.
-Start taking a walk after meals.
-Take small portions of food every 2 hours.
-Avoid heavy and large fatty meals.
-You should also limit the intake of fizzy drinks, chewing gums and smoking (if at all do)
-You can take Simethicone or activated charcoal pills as they help in reducing intestinal gas.
-Please drink sufficient water.
-Chew your food slowly and properly.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?