Owl Image

I am attaching my Physical health checkup report , please

Question
I am attaching my Physical health checkup report , please let me know about any abnormality and what action/medicines/supplements I need to take to overcome deficiency/risk factors.
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only vitamin B12 deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have seen the reports.
Only Vitamin B12 is low, otherwise the report is normal.

For low vitamin B12, supplement can either be taken in oral or injection form. Oral can work if you are vegetarian or eat less of non-vegetarian food. But if you eat lot of non-vegetarian food like meat, etc, then injections should be taken.

Orally, you can take tab neucobal 500mcg 1 tab daily for atleast 3-6 months (or even longer if you are vegetarian).

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: I am attaching my Physical health checkup report , please 16 minutes later
Thanks a lot Dr for prompt rely.

I am pure vegetarian ( no-egg.no fish) .

I have B12-5000 mcg -300 tablet pack .
Can I use 5000mcg instead of 500 mscg tablet . If yes, in what quantity per week and for how long .

Also please let me know how to improve HDL/ reduce LDL.

Thanks!!

Br,
Vishal

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 6 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX dose used is 2500mcg/day

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

The maximum dose of vitamin B12 is 2500 mcg/day. Excess dose has not resulted in adverse effects in research, probably because its water soluble and excess of it gets excreted.

So I suggest that you take 2500 mcg per day (break it in half if possible and if its not a coated tablet). If its not breakable, then take one tablet every 2-3 days.
Duration is same. Since you are pure vegetarian, you will get very less quantity of B12 from food. So you will need a supplement lifelong. Once this bottle is finished, you can buy a lower dose and take it regularly.

To reduce LDL and improve HDL, best step in your case would be to avoid fatty foods like cheese, butter, ghee, cream, icecream, sweets, etc. Regular exercise for 30 min a day is required.

Dr Vaishalee