Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

I am allergic to latex condoms. Noticed soreness and redness on perineum. How to get cured?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hi. I recently found out I am allergic to latex condoms. I plan on using non latex condoms but recently after sex my perineum is very sore and a little red. I think I know what is causing it. My boyfriend's penis has some scar tissue that sticks out a little from when he was surcumsized. This hits the vaginal part of my perineum during sex. Therefore, my perineum becomes really sore after sex. Is there anything I can do or ointments that can help the soreness?
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 55 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

The measures you can take are:
Use non latex condoms as you said because this soreness and redness can also be due to sensitivity to latex condoms.
You can use female non latex condoms which will be more useful as they cover part of the perineum also.
You can use ointment soframycin which will help in reducing the inflammatory signs and also cure any possible bacterial infection. Better to use after testing for sensitivity.
You can try lubricant and analgesic like xylocaine jelly during intercourse which can help to some extent.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor