Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

I am alcoholic. Taking 10 mg Zolfresh with alcohol. How can I get rid of this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3620 Questions
i m 62 years old regularliy drinking alcohal for last 35 years. I have been taking 10 mg Zolfresh alongwith alcohal for last18 months. Howcan iget rid off this
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

You can reduce the Zolfresh on a tapering basis.Do continue the 10 mg for 10 days and reduce the dosage to 5mg for next month followed by 2.5 mg for the next 10days and stop finally.This will not cause any withdrawal symptoms.

This type of tapering the quantity of consumption also applies to quit the alcohol too.

With only one kidney working the abuse of these medications could be hazardous.

Please do ask if any doubts.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Addiction Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor