I am a very healthy male, 68, no prescriptions, very

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I am a very healthy male, 68, no prescriptions, very active. I have a reduced desire for sex, and am researching a testosterone booster. I am considering one that claims to be all natural with no side effects.
is there a danger here?
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
see next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM

Well, there is no danger with natural, herbal products that increase testosterone levels and these are widely used. There are many commercial products available such as Mucuna Pruriens or Tongkat XXXXXXX but also supplements with more active ingredients. It is important that you buy it in official shop and those which are approved by national regulatory bodies.
Most of them dont have any side effects.
Only real testosteron in injections may have serious side effects and this should not be used.
ALso, reduced desire may not just be a result of low testostrone, but also some vascular or neurologic issues as well as anxiety so if there wont be improvement, you should see urologist for further evaluation. Wish you good health. Regards