question-icon

I am a diabetes type II patient since last 10

Posted on Sun, 24 Feb 2019
Question: I am a diabetes type II patient since last 10 to 12 years and would like to ask the expert to help me with the medications I am on for the same.
Kindly let me know if I should carry on with the same medicines or any kind of modification is required.
Last blood sugar levels recorded were (a week ago) -
Fasting: 117
Post lunch :200
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern for your health and well being and I would like to tell you that as per the blood sugar level details provided by you it seems like your medicines are doing their job perfectly as your blood sugar levels are very well controlled.

So for now it’s advisable that you should continue with the same medication and most importantly follow healthy lifestyle routine which includes a daily 45 minutes morning walk for five days a week, healthy protein and fibre rich diet, no smoking, plenty of water intake, no extra sugars.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist