Ask a Urologist   »  

I am a 78 year old male with frequent urinary

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I am a 78 year old male with frequent urinary problem. This seems to get better for days or weeks and then returns. I drink some coffee but no alcohol.
Mon, 12 Feb 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due Enlarged Prostate .Needs to get investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Increased frequency for urination at the age of 78 years is mostly due to Enlarged Prostate and needs to get investigated .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.

In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Cefotaxime and NItrofurantoin twice daily along with Tomsulosin once daily.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.