question-icon

I am a 52 year old male that was injured

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2019
Question: I am a 52 year old male that was injured at work. Orthopedic doctor did MRI and i have bulging cervical discs that have caused my shoulder and scapula to be dislocated. Can my cervical issue cause me to have phlegm and a cough and can it also cause me to have to push to begin urinating, I also have a decrease in ejaculation when I am intimate with my wife.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Bulging of Cervical Disc will not cause hesitancy to urinate and ejaculatio

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you posted you have sustained injury while on work causing dislocation of shoulder joint and MRI study has revealed bulging of cervical disc .

You are facing problem of hesitancy for urination and reduced volume of ejaculate .Both these issues can not be due to bulging of Cervical disc .But are likely to be due to infection of the prostate (Prostatitis) .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Semen examination and semen culture .

.Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist