Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

135 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I am a 52 year old male that was injured

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9849 Questions

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2019 in Men's Health
Question: I am a 52 year old male that was injured at work. Orthopedic doctor did MRI and i have bulging cervical discs that have caused my shoulder and scapula to be dislocated. Can my cervical issue cause me to have phlegm and a cough and can it also cause me to have to push to begin urinating, I also have a decrease in ejaculation when I am intimate with my wife.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bulging of Cervical Disc will not cause hesitancy to urinate and ejaculatio

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you posted you have sustained injury while on work causing dislocation of shoulder joint and MRI study has revealed bulging of cervical disc .

You are facing problem of hesitancy for urination and reduced volume of ejaculate .Both these issues can not be due to bulging of Cervical disc .But are likely to be due to infection of the prostate (Prostatitis) .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Semen examination and semen culture .

.Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on