I am a 21 year old male. I observed a
If the lump is XXXXXXX and soft, do not worry.
Welcome to Ask a Doctor Service.
A small lump that is tender in the chest region is not uncommon and if it is located on the side rather than in the middle, it is most likely a swollen lymph node.
Another possibility is that of a lipoma (a fat nodule) under the skin.
It is best to get the lump examined by a surgeon and do get an FNAC done if it does remain the same or if it gets any bigger.
I hope that answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
The lump is a little bit rubbery type, and XXXXXXX It was tender before but tenderness decreased after medication( myosone plus tablet).It's location is below my left nipple, slightly medial to it.
Also,my left nipple is slightly smaller.i.e. it is slightly less protruding. Is it normal?
Nipple size can be different on both sides, get examined first.
Thanks for writing back with further details.
A clinical examination by a surgeon is a must before you go for FNAC.
If it is just below the nipple then it can be a sebaceous cyst, harmless condition.
Best to get yourself examined by a surgeon first and if he or she recommends FNAC, You can get it done.
Such small lumps can be easily removed, so do not worry.
Hope this information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...