Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

I am HIV positive. Trying for a child. Bleed during sex. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
Im am a young women aged 28 who is hiv positive. I bleed during sex its been a while since it stopped after i used some medication from the gynacologist that said it was some erosion but now it has started. Please this irratates me so much i would need some help. I have also been trying for a long time to make a baby but i can not. I really need help my marriage is about to break
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
The erosion is a superficial loss of mucosa exposing friable tissues underneath, it bleeds when touched or when the penis rubs on it.
It is a cumbersome problem and you should follow up with your Gynecologist because it is she who has seen the erosion.
If it does not heal with medicines then may be it would need to be cauterised in OT.
You should understand that there are fare chances that you would get an HIV infected child which would make the life miserable.
frantic efforts to get pregnant would rarely help, rather understand the ovulation rhythm from your Gynecologist and try to do sexual intercourse during the ovulation phase.
Still if you want to be pregnant that is up to you, keep a regular follow up with a Gynecologist and your physician.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.
Dr.Monika Choudhary
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor