question-icon

I am 80 years old. for last several days have

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019
Question: I am 80 years old. for last several days have had a severe sore throat, an excruciating headache & sore ears. is this something that will pass or should I see a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Worthwhile to see a doctor..

Detailed Answer:

Based on this description, you may be dealing with pose nasal treat with sinus inflammation. The cause may be allergic or viral infection It would be preferable to visit a doctor for evaluation and treatment to understand nature and severity of the problem and then it's treatment. In the meanwhile try saline nasal spray. It helps.

Hope this answered your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasad