question-icon

I am 72 yrs old and have an enlarged prostate

Posted on Fri, 22 Mar 2019
Question: I am 72 yrs old and have an enlarged prostate. Up until maybe a year and a half ago I had my morning erection..now I have retro ejaculation and it really upsets me...any medication out there that can help me...or other options...I went to a urologist for this problem but I had negative feelings about the office ..I am good shape ..other then finasteride I take no meds..i am 165 lbs and very active
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Retrograde Ejaculation is due to side effect of Fenasteride

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you have been detected o have Enlarged prostate since 1 year and is taking Fenasteride but facing problem of retrograde ejaculation .

The retrograde ejaculation that you have is a known side effect of the drugs (alpha adrenergic receptors blockers) commonly prescribed for enlarged prostate .

You can start taking Cialis 5 mg daily and 10 mg on the day of planned sexual activity (one hour before sex).

This will help to reduce retrograde ejaculation .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist