Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

I am 67 year old male in good general health.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1985 Questions
I am 67 year old male in good general health. My diet and exercise routines are good. I am a professional investor giving me good mental exercise. I want to make sure that my mind stays strong and sharp. Can you tell me what steps I can take starting now? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take steps as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
You can maintain healthy brain by having healthy body.
Take regular timely food. Fruit should be essential part of diet.
Regular exercise and morning walk will be helpful.
Mental tasks like crossword or puzzles improves mental health.
Avoid smoking or alcohol.
Maintain blood pressure and blood sugar under recommended ranges.
Sound sleep is another essential component of healthy brain.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: I am 67 year old male in good general health. 36 minutes later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX for your detailed response. I am doing most of the things you mentioned. Can you recommend any supplements that will be helpful to prevent Dementia. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin B12

Detailed Answer:

No supplement is recommended. But you can take vitamin B12 supplements.

Dr N Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor