Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

I am 67 year old. Having proper erection but not getting ejaculation. What is wrong with me?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I am 67 can maintain a natural erction but do not ejaculate
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

What you seems to be having is retrograde ejaculation means semen enters the bladder instead of going out through the urethra during ejaculation.

There are many reasons for this kind of problem.

The common ones are:

The main reason for retrograde ejaculation is that the bladder neck does not close. This causes semen to go backwards into the bladder rather than forward out of the penis.

Retrograde ejaculation may also be caused by:


>Some medications, including drugs used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and some mood-altering drugs

>Surgery to the prostate or urethra

Please get in touch with urologist for this and get your self examined to look for the cause and treatment if needed.

I hope this helps.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor