I am 6 weeks post op from ALIF lumbar surgery

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I am 6 weeks post op from ALIF lumbar surgery L5-S1. I am having right groin and leg pain similar to before surgery is this normal?
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgery failure may need to be considered. Please get evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Recurrence of the pain after lumbosacral surgery at six weeks post surgery is not normal.

It is necessary to get evaluated clinically by your Surgeon and by imagining studies such X-rays and MRI of your lumbosacral spine in order to consider correctly any implant movement or failure, spondylolisthesis, nerve compression (herniated disc, fibrous tissue, etc.).

Please discuss with your treating Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.