I am 54 years of age andI have blood pressure

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am 54 years of age andI have blood pressure over 200 over 80 and am taking Propranodol HCL and Amlodipine BESYLATE.What are the possible side effects? My arms are turning dark purple after over 20 venupunctures.I have recently been sent home after 4 days in the Hospital.Can you tell me about the discoloration and what to do about it?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern I would explain that the discoloration could be related to repeated venopunctures and subcutaneous hematoma.

A couple of weeks are needed for the skin to return to the same colour.

Regarding your high blood pressure values, I would recommend making further changes to your therapy (increase the dose of amlodiopine or add other drugs) if these blood pressure values persist.

I remain at your disposal for any further questions.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri