I am 50 yrs old female experiencing sudden memory loss
Probably menopause, more details are needed.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms can be related to many medical conditions.
Based on the information provided in the query I would think about menopause.
Another possible causes can be stress or younger onset dementia.
More details are needed to confirm this diagnosis.
Are you still having periods?
Do you have any other symptoms such as hot flashes or gain weight?
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you for the information. My primary gynecologist has already suspected menopause. My period was absent for 10 months then came for 3 months and now gone again for 2 months. I have gained weight and unable to lose it. I have had right ear pain off and on for about a year and just started getting sudden severe headaches on right side and the back and the most severe ones come after having sex with my boyfriend. I am concerned about all of this especially because of the impulsive sexual things I'm doing and I don't know who, why or how I meet the man and don't remember anything about the liason at all.
Probably menopause, follow the advice below.
Hi again dear,
Your symptoms seem to be related to menopause.
Menopause is a normal condition that all women experience, as they age.
It is characterized by emotional and physical changes.
I would recommend the following examinations to help you better:
A blood test to check your levels of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and estrogen.
Thyroid hormone levels
A neurological examination
After the examinations you can contact me again for further evaluation.
Meanwhile, I recommend a healthy lifestyle, eating healthy food and daily exercise.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?