I am 33 weeks pregnant and today i tested myself
My values are normal except CMV. I am attaching the report. I am very much worried as i read on internet that it can be transmitted to the fetus and causing birth defects. Please help me out. I cant consult my gny as she is out of station for a week.
Please give the dates of the reports attached.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have gone through your query and also the attached reports. I can completely understand your concern. I would like to know the dates of the reports attached to know if the titres have risen recently.
At the outset, please allow me to give you some facts. 1. Elevated IgG levels can be due to a recent or past infection. A recent increase in the levels is suggestive of a current infection. Increase in IgM levels is indicative of an acute infection.
2. If the infection is present prior to the pregnancy, risk of affecting the fetus is more than when the infection occurs during pregnancy. If infection occurs in the first trimester, risk of consequences is more.
From the present situation, I think you are relatively safe. However, please get regular follow ups to detect situations like IUGR (growth retardation), anemia, jaundice etc. early enough and treat.
Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.
Rising titres indicate recent infection.
Thanks for writing back.
I would like to know when was the other sample taken. Rising titres indicate recent infection. Hence, you need to get another sample in a few days to know if your infection is a recent one. If the titres are not rising, it is more likely to be a past infection. Also, IgM levels offer more significant information on recent infection.
Hope this information is useful to you. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?