Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

I am 32 year old male having a spot on the base of my tongue beside the frenulum

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 787 Questions
Hi, I'm a 32 year old male and I have a spot on the base of my tongue beside the frenulum. I noticed it on the 18th and I'm not sure if it's gotten bigger but it doesn't seem to have gotten smaller. It's changed color a little since then but I've been touching it with my tongue about a dozen times a day. I've been a smoker for 12 years and have quite recently since finding this.
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: ulcerated lesion Detailed Answer: Hello there, Welcome to HCM, I have gone through all the pictures you have attached and the signs you have mentioned in your query, the lesion below your tongue seems to be red and ulcerated. It is cystic in nature and appears like a fluid filled blister or a boil. Appearance of such ulcerated areas on the oral mucosa like tongue mucosa indicates inflammation . Recurrent trauma to the tongue may lead to formation of ulcers or It may be caused due to several reasons like deficiency or certain vitamins especially vitamin B12 and vitamin C. start with multivitamin supplements and vitamin C lozenges for 7 to 10 days which will help in resolving the problem. avoid alcohol , carbonated drinks , tobacco chewing and smoking as these may worsen the area affected. Apply oral antiseptic ,analgesic ointments like dentogel or mucogel topically over the affected area. This is the primary treatment since the lesion is acute and not chronic. If the symptoms do not resolve after 2 weeks better to go for clinical examination by an oral surgeon and biopsy of the tissue if needed. But first i would advise you to go for symptomatic treatment . i hope this helps, take care. dr.farah XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor