Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

I am 28 years old. Facing problem related to decision making. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1852 Questions
Hi I am 28 years old, and facing problem related decision making. I take too much time to make a decision (like asking a question to someone even to a friend or parents or anyone) and I always tend to ask others about what to I depend on others most of the time for supporting me. I have observed a mood swings in my behavior at a moment I am at my highest moral and after an hour or so its at lowest sometime its just five minutes or even less. I often find myself not able to be firm on my decision, and I am now hesitant to take any. It's affecting my personal and professional life. what should I do ?
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     If your problem is for many years then there is possibility of having Dependent Personality in your case. For treatment in person multiple counseling sessions is needed from trained psychologist for problem solving, cognitive behavior therapy and life skill training.
•     Anxiety or Depressive disorder: If your problem is few months duration. It may lead to loss of confidence and poor decision making. It need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist
•     Combination of Dependent personality and Anxiety or Depressive disorder
•     Vitamin deficiency: Get serum B12 level. Start multi vitamins as they are easily available.
•     Side effect of substance use: so stop use if present.
•     Thyroid related problem: get thyroid hormonal assay done

Final message to you: Do not worry about symptoms, follow above advice, stop substance use if any and take multi vitamins.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: I am 28 years old. Facing problem related to decision making. What should I do? 9 hours later
To whom should I approach for getting counseling sessions for cognitive behavior therapy and life skill training. I live in XXXXXXX (Mumbai) . Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

In Mumbai you can visit XXXXXXX GS medical college.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor