I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
Thanks for writing in.
I am afraid there is no medication that can be used safely to increase height after you have reached your maximum genetically determined height
Hsakapandit welcome to health care magic.
Some persons recommend the use of exercise which releases different hormones including growth hormone, eating a healthy diet with an adequate milk and protein content and reduced sugars and fats and adequate amount of rest.
A person's height is determined by both genetics and our environment ( how we eat, any illnesses, alcohol, drugs and our level of physical activity.
Growth plates and cartilage at the end of our bone, is found in children and is responsible for adding bone and increasing height. Most persons reach their maximum height within 2 or 3 years after they started their pubertal growth spurt. Males tend to stop growing by age 14 to 16 though some may actually continue to grow into the late teens.
Growth hormone is used in children that have been assessed by their doctors as having too little growth hormone and as result not growing as they should. It is not used in adults whose growth plate is likely to be closed because it can result in a condition called acromegaly. In acromegaly there is excess soft tissue growth in different parts of the body.
I hope this answers your question
Feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurveda medicines for increasing height
- Increase height chinese medicine
- Medicine to increase height is dr ayushveda medicine effective
- Allopathic medicine for height increase
- 18 years old suggest some medicine to increase height
- Height increasing medicine
- Suggest medicine to increase height and skin complexion
- Medicine to gain height after 20 years old
- Unani medicines for height increase
- Suggest medicine to increase height without side effect
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...