I am 12 days post surgery of a partial knee
Thoughts on this
If the swelling is about the same as before or decreasing slightly, it may just need more time to recover. However if the swelling is increasing, particularly below the level of the knee, it can mean that there is a deep vein thrombosis, and this should be checked out, typically with doppler imaging.
If the swelling is in the same area as the rash, it could be swelling due to an allergic reaction. Is the rash itchy? Painful? And by raised, do you mean small papules or wheels as in hives?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis