question-icon

I always have a low grade fever for several months

Posted on Wed, 3 Apr 2019
Question: I always have a low grade fever for several months now . also stiffness in neck a lot of bone on bone after 3 level cervical fusion 20 years ago. The last year headaches tingling and numbness and fever stay on right side of neck and face, Recently diagnosed with serious cronic sinustitus. and
was prescribed. antibiotics. Lower back hurts contstantly. Often I have bumbs in groin area. Urologist thinks its staff. Im 71 and weigh 255. any suggestions
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Can be due to spondylottic changes.

Detailed Answer:

The neck stiffness, headache, numbness on the right side of neck can be related to spondylottic changes of the cervical spine. Regular physiotherapy with muscle relaxants and methylcobalamin supplements can help.
The constant fever is suggestive of infection due to chronic sinusitis that needs proper prescription broad spectrum antibiotics to control.
The lower back pain is also related to spondylottic changes in lower spine. Do consult an orthopedician for MRI scan to confirm diagnosis and get proper medicines prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon