I actually have a question in regards to my mother.
Your mother needs to be admitted to hospital immediately. Maybe meningitis
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone through your query carefully and understand what is going on.
Based on your description, your mother seems to have developed meningitis (infection spreading into the coverings of the brain) or encephalitis ( infection of the brain itself).
This is a medical emergency and you need to call 911 or take your mother to the emergency room urgently.
She needs to be admitted and must be examined to find out if she has meningitis or encephalitis and if yes then she will need high doses of antibiotics given intravenously.
Please do not ignore.
I hope this information will be of use to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...