question-icon

I accidently swallowed no more than a teaspoon of Aloe

default
Posted on Mon, 18 Mar 2019
Question: I accidently swallowed no more than a teaspoon of Aloe Vera & Vitamin E baby oil, what should I do?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Seems not a serious condition.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to " Ask a Doctor" service.

I have read your query and here is my advice.

First of these ingredients and the amount swallowed probably may cause minor issues, but not serious ones.

If you vomited after taking these it is a good thing, because vomiting eliminates the majority of the substances swallowed.

You should seek medical help only if your vomiting does not stop.

Stay well hydrated.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 4423 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

165 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
I accidently swallowed no more than a teaspoon of Aloe

Brief Answer: Seems not a serious condition. Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to " Ask a Doctor" service. I have read your query and here is my advice. First of these ingredients and the amount swallowed probably may cause minor issues, but not serious ones. If you vomited after taking these it is a good thing, because vomiting eliminates the majority of the substances swallowed. You should seek medical help only if your vomiting does not stop. Stay well hydrated. Hope you found the answer helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.