Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
130 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

I accidentally ingested a small amount of degreaser. Is this

Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 2534 Questions

default
Posted on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 in Lump
Question: I accidentally ingested a small amount of degreaser. Is this a emergency? Is there something i can take at home without going to a doctor?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It depends on the Quantity

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description,you have accidentally taken Degreaser. If it is small amount, nothing to worry.
If you have taken in large quantity, Stomach wash has to be done.
I prescribe a Laxative containing Lactulose 15ml twice daily for my patients with similar complaints.It will cleanse the bowel.
If you have Vomiting, Stomach ache, Fever please consult your doctor immediately and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
doctor
default
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 9 hours later
I dont have a stomach ache or anything but I have been burping more than usual is that something to worry about?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Burping too much is not a bad sign.
Loose stools which are uncontrollable is a bad sign.
You should consult your doctor when you have loose stool.
Wish you good health
Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
doctor
premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on