question-icon

I accidentally ingested a small amount of degreaser. Is this

Posted on Wed, 3 Apr 2019
Question: I accidentally ingested a small amount of degreaser. Is this a emergency? Is there something i can take at home without going to a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It depends on the Quantity

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description,you have accidentally taken Degreaser. If it is small amount, nothing to worry.
If you have taken in large quantity, Stomach wash has to be done.
I prescribe a Laxative containing Lactulose 15ml twice daily for my patients with similar complaints.It will cleanse the bowel.
If you have Vomiting, Stomach ache, Fever please consult your doctor immediately and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (9 hours later)
I dont have a stomach ache or anything but I have been burping more than usual is that something to worry about?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Burping too much is not a bad sign.
Loose stools which are uncontrollable is a bad sign.
You should consult your doctor when you have loose stool.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon