I PUT MY FOOT UNDER A RECLINING CHAIR HIT MY

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I PUT MY FOOT UNDER A RECLINING CHAIR HIT MY FOOT ON A BAR NOW THE TOP OF MY FOOT BEHIND MY TOES IS SWOLLEN AND IT IS HARD TO WALK. I CAN MOVE MY TOES UP AND DOWN. COULD I HAVE BROKEN SOMETHING OR IT WILL TAKE TIME TO HEAL? THIS HAPPENED 1 WEEK AGO.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Go for x-ray.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query.I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns. There may be soft tissue injury or fracture , so kindly go for x-ray of foot .
Till then you can go with RICE ( rest ,ice , compression and elevation ). You can also take aceclofenac 100 mg for pain ,

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.