I HAVE parkinsons . I am loosing weight even that
Please see detalied answer.
Hi and Welcome to Ask A Doctor service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
While little weght loss may be normal , significant weght loss ( more then 10 percent of weght ) always need work up .
There may be many causes for weght loss like chronic infection , endocrine problems like diabetes or thyrotoxicosis , or other Gut diseases.
In parkinson patient , one reason for weght loss may be the treatment. If you are taking sinemet, this may be the cause as sinamet do causes weght loss in many patients.It's one of the side effects of sinamet .
Howe'ver If there is any symptoms of any other disease like heat tolerance , diarrhea , difficulty in swallowing, fever , or anything thing else , or if the weght loss is too rapid then we must see for the cause .That would need detalied interview about symtpoms and assessment and blood tests.
Hope I have answered your question.Please feel free to ask anything else. I will be glad to answer any further question about this.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol