Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online


User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2767 Questions
I HAVE WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD IS AUDITORY HALLUCINTIONS. Mine is more musical combined with noises. I don't hear voices but there is there is noise that accompanies the music. It gets so loud sometimes I cant even hear the TV without turning it up real loud. I am very hard of hearing. I am ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND. I CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT. tHE NOISE KEEPS ME OFF BALANCE AND I CANT DO MY HOUSEWORK WITHOUT USING A CANE. tHE ONLY THING THAT HELPS ME IS LISTENING TO CDS WHHICH HELPS TONE IT DOWN. a NEUROLOGIST I SAW SAID IT COOULD BE SOMETHING PRESSING AGAINST MY AUDITORY NERVES. iS THAT POSSIBLE? wHAT CAN I DO?
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hearing function and imaging of brain to evaluate.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

This form of auditory hallucinations ( i.e. musical ones ), may be caused by conditions such hearing loss, seizures, brainstem lesions ( stroke for example ), encephalitis, etc.

They differ from auditory hallucinations encountered in psychiatric disorders that consist mainly in hearing talking voices.

Examinations such hearing function evaluation and brain imaging ( MRI ) are necessary to understand better your condition.

Discuss with your Doctor about these issues and getting evaluated further.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor