I AM 71 -I BEEN HAVING BAD PAINS IN MY
Losartan does not cause pain
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. Losartan does not cause pain or have any other side effect that would explain the pain you are having, so I would not think it could be related at all. Without being able to examine you, if your kidneys seem to be fine, muscle spasms would be most likely, which unfortunately can be very painful. If 2 mg of the tizanidine isn't helping, you could ask your doctor if you can increase to 4 mg to see if that helps. You could also talk with them about switching to another muscle relaxer to see if that helps. Otherwise, you can normally take Tylenol and try a hot pad for the pain. You may even need something stronger for pain temporarily like Tramadol. Usually pain from muscle spasms should resolve in a couple weeks, I hope it improves sooner in your case.
I hope that helps some, please let me know if you have any other questions or anything else I can help with, I would be happy to do so.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining