Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

I’m having discomfort in my stomach region in the front

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 1417 Questions
I’m having discomfort in my stomach region in the front and right side. It doesn’t hurt just feels a little off. I know when I hold my child it kind of cramps up? I have constipation and feel bloated. What could be the issue? Ulcer? IBS?

Discomfort in stomach almost like a crawling, cramping sensation?
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be early gastric tract infection or constipation predominant IBS

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, its early to suggest IBS based on such short history but if symptoms tend to recur repeatedly it can be a possibility however the details you have shared favor more towards a temporary cause like gastric tract infection or gastritis.

Using antacids like omperazole before meals as well as Motility agents like domperidone or itapride can help with bloating as well as facilitate gastric emptying and smooth movements of bowel. For pains, OTC analgesics like acetaminophen can be used.

But a detailed review by a gastroenterologist and ultrasound abdomen, bowel sounds examination, and Xray abdomen erect spine films may be needed.

A suspicion of bacterial over growth should be kept in mind as well and it may need antibiotics treatment with rifixamin. Using adsorbents like itapride with diets can also help for smooth passage of stools.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor