Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Hve white spot on penis head, and changes in size. Used cream like ring gaurd. Suggest medicine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12750 Questions
i have got a white spot on my pennice head, it seems like a white patch, some days it become bigger and some days lower...i'm used some skin creams like ring gaurd...but no use can please suggest me the medicine please
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The white patch like spot on the penis head can be due to various reasons and some common ones are:

1)Prominent Hair follicle: They are tiny nodules and are similar to each other in appearance.

2)Fordyce's spots: They are samll, painless, raised, white or pale in appearance and mainly appear on the scrotum and glans penis.

3)Genital warts: Pink or white/ skin colour with a moist surface and sometimes cauliflower like in appearance, sometimes itchy and can appear anywhere in genitals.

4)Molluscum contagiosum: Small dome shaped in appearance with a central depression and are caused due to virus.

If you have a history of sexual contact with an unknown partner then they can be suggestive of warts or any other STD's.

If there are any other symptoms as pain, discharge, itching and it has been present since long kindly consider visiting a dermatologist so that appropriate treatment can be started after a direct examination.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Hve white spot on penis head, and changes in size. Used cream like ring gaurd. Suggest medicine? 4 hours later
i did not participate any sexual course so i conform that it is not std, its a white patch some times itching looks like psoriasis spot. its on my pennis head and on the inner side of skin. is it cures with medicine? if you suggest me that definitely consult a doctor, so please give me concern medical practitioner contact details in hyderabad area.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If there is no history of unsafe sex then it is likely to be due to a fungal infection. This can be treated with oral and topical antifungal agents. But before that a direct examination is necessary for confirmation of diagnosis. You can consult a dermatologist nearest to your place for prescriptions.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor