Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Hurting in neck due to bad fall. What are the findings from CAT scan of neck and head?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14838 Questions
Although I had a cat scan of neck and head yesterday after bad fall on back on ice and there were no fractures my neck still hurts when I turn it today, is this normal?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes it is normal Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic Yes, this is normal. After trauma, the pain can take 24 to 36 hours to peak, in some persons the worse is felt 3 to 4 days after the event. The CT scan would have identified any fractures. The pain that you are experiencing would be due to injury to the soft tissue (muscle and connective tissue). If you have anti inflammatory pain killers such as ibuprofen, cataflam, aspirin, naproxen, celebrex. This would reduce the inflammation and associated pain. The pain should resolve within 7 to 10 days. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor