Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hurt on upper inside back of leg while playing. Massive purple bruise appeared. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
Hi there
I hurt my leg playing baseball ... It is the upper inside back of my leg
This happened just over a week ago and now there is a massive purple bruise
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Well, bruises results due to bleeding in the subcutaneous tissue, secondary to injury commonly sport injury.

In your case, you have developed a large purple bruise, after an injury a week ago.
Just dont worry for this condition, i am giving you certain advices--

1-Apply a heat pack or wash cloth soaked in warm water to the area several times a day to promote healing.

2- Restrict the muscular activity of that area.

3- You may take some analgesic for symptomatic relief.

Pain and tenderness should get better within a few days and the bruise should go away within a couple of weeks.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor