Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Hurt my back and started bleeding from vagina. Concerned

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
I lifted something the wrong way last week and hurt my back and I have been bleeding since then?
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 28 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

Bleeding from vagina after a fall could be due to XXXXXXX injury.

I would like to know more about
1. the type of fall?
2. Site of injury other than back?
3. Amount of bleed?
4. Bleeding continuous or intermittent?

Waiting for your reply so that I can give proper diagnosis and recommend treatment accordingly.

Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Hurt my back and started bleeding from vagina. Concerned 5 hours later
I didnt fall I was lifting a patient, I do private home care, I am bleeding since the 26th of january only place it is hurting is my back and it like a menstraul cycle and it has been continuos sometimes a little heavy other times its light, I am not sure if I am starting to go through menopause
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 8 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

Given the age group and the history, it definitely does suggest abnormal bleeding in perimenopausal period. Simply ascribing it to menopausal changes would be premature.

Lifting a patient is just a coincidence.

The following steps should help us find out the root of the problem and address it appropriately.
1 Get a transvaginal ultrasound to rule out pathology like fibroid uterus. and also to know ET(endometrial thickness)
2 If ET is more than 4mm, then get a hysteroscopic directed biopsy which is definitely the best test for understanding the cause of endometrial hyperplasia ( which means an increase in the thickness of the endometrium or the lining of the uterus.
3 If everything is normal, then you need to start progestin to stop bleeding and cyclical continuous progestin from next cycle for DUB(dysfunctional uterine bleeding). This needs to be done after consulting your gynaecologist.
4. Also, have a nutritious diet XXXXXXX in calcium. Start a calcium supplement if you;re not taking one already.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor