How will cutting down on excessive shisha smoking when diagnosed with type-1 diabetes and heart problems help my condition?
NOW I REDUCE FROM 10 SHISHA PER DAY TO 1 SHISHA PER DAY ? IS IT OK ???
BECAUSE I TRIED TO STOP BUT I WAS LIKE CRAZY SPECIALY I AM TYPE 1 DIABETES
Asked by Me , 17 hours ago
THE SUMMARY OF MY STENT INVASIVE CARDIAC LABORATORY:
SEVERE MID LAD 80% STENOSIS SUCCESSFULLY STENTED USING ONE DES.
RECOMMEND: DAPT/BETA BLOCKER/SATIN/CONTROL RISK FACTORS AND LIFE STYLE MODIFICATION.
LEFT CORONARY ARTERY:THE LEFT MAIN CORONARY ARTERY IS NORMAL,WITHOUT STENOSIS.
THE LEFT ANTERIOR DESCENDING CORNARY ARTERY HAS 80% STENOSIS IN MID LAD FOLLOWED BY MILD LUMINAL IRREGULARITIES DISTALLY.
THE PROXIMAL CIRCUMFLEX CORONARY ARTERY HAVE A 30% STENOSIS.
RIGHT CORONARY ARTERY:
THE RIGHT CORONARY ARTERY HAS A 30% STENOSIS PROXIMALLY WITH LUMINAL IRREGULARITIES DISTALLY.
CONTRAST: OMNIPAQUE 200 ML
DIAGNOSTIC CATHERTER: JL3.5/JR4 5F
GUIDING CATHETER: GUIDING EBU3.5 6F
GUIDEWIRE: XXXXXXX GUIDE WIRE X 2
BALLOON: NC QUANTUM BALLOON 3.0 MM X 8 MM
DRUG-ELUTING SENT : ONYX 2.75 MM X 30 MM
ARTERY : PROXIMAL
RESIDUAL STENOSIS : 0%
STENTS: 2.75 X 30 MM ONYX RESOLUTE
TECHNIQUE: DIRECT STENTING
Management of withdrawal symptoms
With a history of diabetes and heart problems, it was wise of you to cut back from 10 shishas per day (which is an excessive amount even for a healthy person) to one per day. The ideal target is to cut back completely, however this should be done very gradually in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms. If you are experiencing such symptoms already, I advice you to maintain your habit of one shisha per day for the time being and try to implement a healthy lifestyle, mild increase of physical activity and hydration. In a few weeks, you may try to reduce the amount of shisha until you gradually come to a complete stop.
In the mean time, it is very important that you have regular check ups with your primary care doctor or endocrinologist and cardiologist.
I hope this answers your question. Take care.
Dr. Ornela Ademovi
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Metformin for type 1 diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes and pregnancy
- Mold and type 1 diabetes
- Symptoms of type 1 diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes and endometriosis
- Gastroenteritis and type 1 diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes and hydroxycut
- Type 1 diabetes and perimenopause
- Nuvaring and type 1 diabetes
- How to cure type 1 diabetes
- What causes weight gain while on Ontrintellix?
- Suggest treatment for loss of vision and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for metastatic melanoma
- What causes joint pain while on Requip?
- What causes redness and painful swelling in the eyes?
- What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for painful rash on the waist
- Does long term use of steroids affect a person's immune system?
- Suggest treatment for leg cramps and shortness of breath
- What do my creatine levels in blood indicate?