How to withdraw from hydrocodone?
Thanks for the query.
Withdrawal from HYDROCODONE ( semisynthetic opioid ) causes various types of physical,emotional and mental symptoms and vary from person to person depending upon how much and for how long one has been taking the drug.
Although the physical symptoms may go away in 7-10 days but symptoms like irritability,mood swings,sleeping disturbances,craving for drug can linger for many weeks to months after your last dose of HYDROCODONE.
Although the best way to withdraw is to do it under the supervision of a doctor or inpatient detox centers but you can try it at home and see the result.
One of the best ways to withdrawal from hydrocodone is through a process of tapering. Tapering is a slow process of reducing doses over time while compensating for withdrawal symptoms. Tapering helps the central nervous system adapt slowly to the removal of hydrocodone to the point that you may not even feel withdrawal symptoms.
You can start reducing the dose by 10-20% every 3 weeks.Repeat this process after every three weeks.
Although it takes many months to come out of it but you can successfully achieve it without undergoing any much difficulty.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Champix for hydrocodone withdrawal
- Side effects of hydrocodone withdrawal
- Hydrocodone withdrawal timeline
- Hydrocodone withdrawal treatment
- Amitriptyline for hydrocodone withdrawal
- Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms how long
- Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms
- How to help someone go through hydrocodone withdrawals
- How to break hydrocodone addiction
- How is hydrocodone excreted
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?