How to wean off of Norvasc?

Excellent

Question
Have been taking Norvasc 5mg for 8 weeks along with Toprol XL 50mg, Losartan 100 mg, Clonidine patch 0.1 for BP control. Today my Doctor said stop Norvasc but did not tell me how to wean myself of. Please tell me how to stop it safely.
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be safely stopped abruptly!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

There is no specific measure to wean yourself off this medication(Norvasc:amlodipine). There are no possible withdrawal effects and treatment can be stopped abruptly without fear of any adverse symptoms related to this. Feel free and reassured simply stopping it without any further measures.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for trusting us with your health question this day and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.