How to verify if vitamin or herbal supplement is safe to be consumed?
The USP evaluates supplements for quality, purity and potency
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.
USP (United states Pharmacopeia) Verified dietary supplements are products that have been assessed voluntarily by the USP Dietary Supplement Verification Program and have successfully met the program's stringent laws of testing criteria.
Hence , yes a vitamin or herbal supplement that has logodietary supplement verified with United states Pharmacopeia is definitely more safer as it has passed all the tests.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration do not test or approve of dietary supplements like vitamins before they’re marketed. Hence The USP independently evaluates supplements for quality, purity and potency.
Thus, Vitamins that clear the tests can put the USP mark of approval on its label.
Hope this answers your query.
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it dangerous to mix vitamins and herbal supplements together
- Is vitamin b supplements safe with cipralex
- How to safely lower vitamin b12 levels
- Concerta and vitamin c supplement
- Supplements vitamins cipralex
- Vyvanse and vitamin c supplements
- Vitamin d supplements and microalbumin
- Elephantiasis vitamin supplements
- Spermatokele herbal remedy vitamin
- Thickening of uterus vitamin supplements