Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

How to use the cipla MTP kit?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 7225 Questions
Doctor, my g.f was supposed to have her periods on 28th october, we had sex on 19th october , i used condom, during sex there was blood came out. on 12th Novemeber we tested with home pregnancy test and got negative result and we tested again with same result. after 3 days we tested again in morning first urine and got negative result. Now today is 22th novemeber , she haven't had her periods yet even though she is saying that she has been feeling cramps. So i have cipla mtp kit , should i give her and how should i give her ?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please confirm pregnancy with a specialist. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. If she was having regular 28-30 day cycles prior to this incident, she needs to be investigated. Since urine pregnancy test has been consistently negative, pregnancy is unlikely. Yet, I would suggest a serum beta-hCG titre estimation as this is very sensitive and specific and gives definite confirmation. I would ask you to consult a specialist for a proper evaluation of the situation, get blood counts, urinalysis and a trans-vaginal sonogram to assess the situation. If pregnancy is confirmed and if you wish for termination, please ask the consultant for the same. Please remember, self-medication for induction of a medical abortion could be XXXXXXX The location of the pregnancy and the age of gestation should be determined before inducing the abortion; the completion of the process should be verified through a repeat sonogram and a physical exam. If pregnancy is excluded, she should be investigated for other causes of the delayed periods; a complete hormonal profile, vaginal and pap smear also are necessary. So, please do not give her any self-medication, but, get proper advice from a specialist. Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to use the cipla MTP kit? 10 minutes later
Thanks doctor , but please try to understand she is afraid to go to a doctor and we both can not discuss this with anyone. please suggest any other mean or method by which we could clear this out. I would not give her any medicine. but this tension is driving both of us crazy. Doc , please try to understand. and doctor is there any possibility she could get pregnant? , i mean i used a condom during sex, and during sex some blood came out by which she got scared. after that we tested and got negative result. We live in a village and it will be difficult for us. Please suggest though we both are adult and 24 of age but we still we don't want any trouble with that. if you could suggest any test we can go to path lab and get it done.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please get a blood test for pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing back. Please exclude/confirm pregnancy before you plan anything through estimation of serum beta-hCG titres. Also, get a sonogram, preferably trans-vaginal, to look for the cause of the delayed periods. Pregnancy is a possibility if there is breakage of the condom; bleeding during intercourse can happen if there is trauma or if there is some infection or inflammation locally; this can be understood only if there is an examination. Please try to convince her to get an examination and get the necessary help. Hope your query has been answered. Please contact for further information. I will be ready to help. regards, Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor