• question-icon

How to use Unwanted 72 emergency contraceptive?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Women's Health
Question: How to use unwanted tables
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is used to induce abortion.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Unwanted tablets are used to induce an abortion. It is life threatening to try and abort the pregnancy on your own.
It is essential to have the pregnancy confirmed by a gynecologist .
It must be exactly dated too.
Next, medical abortion pills are to be taken as per prescription and correct schedule that your doctor explains to you.
I can explain the general protocol to you, but again, taking them without consulting a doctor is not just illegal, but potentially life threatening.
Generally, 1 tablet of Mifepristone is taken orally.
24 hours later, 2 tablets of 200 mcg Misoprostol - Prestakind are taken orally or vaginally followed by 2 more such tablets another 24 hours later.
After this procedure, bleeding and cramping might start within 24 - 48 hours, and continue for upto 2 - 3 weeks.
It is also vital to have a follow up ultrasound scan to check that the abortion pills worked and the uterus is empty, after 15 days of taking the tablets.
Failing to take these precautions , there are risks such as - infection, uncontrolled bleeding, retained products, undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy etc.
And if these steps are followed, the pills work in more than 95 % of cases.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN