How to use Unwanted 72 emergency contraceptive?
It is used to induce abortion.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Unwanted tablets are used to induce an abortion. It is life threatening to try and abort the pregnancy on your own.
It is essential to have the pregnancy confirmed by a gynecologist .
It must be exactly dated too.
Next, medical abortion pills are to be taken as per prescription and correct schedule that your doctor explains to you.
I can explain the general protocol to you, but again, taking them without consulting a doctor is not just illegal, but potentially life threatening.
Generally, 1 tablet of Mifepristone is taken orally.
24 hours later, 2 tablets of 200 mcg Misoprostol - Prestakind are taken orally or vaginally followed by 2 more such tablets another 24 hours later.
After this procedure, bleeding and cramping might start within 24 - 48 hours, and continue for upto 2 - 3 weeks.
It is also vital to have a follow up ultrasound scan to check that the abortion pills worked and the uterus is empty, after 15 days of taking the tablets.
Failing to take these precautions , there are risks such as - infection, uncontrolled bleeding, retained products, undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy etc.
And if these steps are followed, the pills work in more than 95 % of cases.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can sprintec be used as emergency contraception
- Using mercilon as emergency contraceptive
- How to use nordette as emergency contraceptive
- How to use nordette 21 emergency contraception
- Using microlite as emergency contraceptive
- Nordette used as emergency contraceptive
- How to use nordette as emergency contraception
- Sprintec 28 use as emergency contraceptive
- Can oralcon contraceptive be used as emergency contraception
- How to use primolut n for emergency contraception