Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

How to treat tonsillitis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2015
Answered : 990 Questions
i have white looking tonsilstone on right side of my tonsil and it feels inflaed and red. it irritates wwhen i swallow ... my body also feels achy what is wrong wiht me ? i am also due for my period in the next few days
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are having tonsillitis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic.
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description it seems that you are having tonsillitis( inflammation of your tonsils).

The white dot can be small stone in the tonsils (tonsilolith) which can predispose to recurrent attacks of tonsillitis an it might be the reason in your case.

Or it could be the appearance of "follicular tonsillitis"

As of now you can try the following measures as first line management:
1. You can take paracetamol for pain and fever.
2. A short course of antibiotics for five to days is necessary (you need to get them prescribed by your ENT doctor).
3. Do warm saline gargles.

If symptoms persist or recurrent attacks are there, Consult an ENT specialist for detailed evaluation.
You might require tonsillectomy(surgical removal of the tonsils) in some cases.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor