How to treat sweaty palms?

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: How to remove sweaty palm disease?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible Hyperhidrosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I understand your concern.

You possibly seem to have localised hyperhidrosis.

This could be due to autonomic dysfunction.

I generally recommend my patients oral tablets of Glycopyrrolate for 3months for effective results.Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe them to you.

Please make sure to rule out any thyroid gland abnormality via complete thyroid check before proceeding towards Glycopyrrolate use.

Post your further queries if any,
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 1 hour later
Glycopyrollate tablets will remove this permanently?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Results are temporary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

Results will not be permanent.

The effects may last for 3-4 months.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 10 minutes later
So do i need to continue it further to remove it permanently?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
This cannot be cured through oral medications.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I apologise for the delayed response.

This condition cannot be cured through medications.

Procedures like Iontophoresis or Nerve blocks can offer permanent relief.

Glycopyrrolate is offered only for short term course.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 3 days later
so, i guess any surgery is required to block the nerves?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is a short duration procedure, rather than a surgery.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

This is not exactly called as surgery.

It is short duration procedure under local anesthesia mostly.

This will selectively block the nerves supplying the sweat glands of the involved area.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Where can this be done... I mean I want to get rid of this disease compltetely. Whom should I contact for? I mean any specialist?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult a CT surgeon or a Neurosurgeon.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I understand your concern.

The precise surgical procedure you need to undergo is T4 ganglion interruption through nerve clips.It is a minimally invasive procedure.

It is aka T4 sympathectomy/T4S, it offers effective cure.

Endoscopic/video assisted selective T4S has minimal complications and is extremely effective.

You need to consult a Cardiothoracic or a Neurosurgeon.

Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 35 minutes later
And the treatment costs how much?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rs 1-1.5 lakhs

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

The cost of procedure can vary between 1-1.5 lakh INR.

Thank you.