How to treat scabies?
Treatment of scabies
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic.
For scabies, you need to apply permethrin 5 percent lotion on the entire body neck downwards at night, keep it for 7-8 hours and then take a bath in the morning.
It needs to be repeated after 1 week.
Also, take tablet Ivermectin 200 microgram per kilogram body weight single dose and repeat after 1 week.
These medicines will cure scabies. These are prescription based drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this for itching take antihistaminic like tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Also, it'd be better to consult a veterinary doctor and get your pet treated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Should scabies be treated immediately
- Baby oil to treat scabies
- How to treat itchy scaby rash on and above tailbone
- Will acticin treat scabies?
- How to treat itchy puss oozing scabies on elbow
- How is scabies allergy and eczema treated
- Treat scabies using dettol
- Nizoral to treat scabies
- Natural way to treat scabies
- Sulfasalazine to treat scabies