question-icon

How to treat pus and blood oozing from an infected nose piercing site?

Posted on Mon, 24 Sep 2018
Question: Hi I Peirced my nose 3 weeks back.. he has put some metal and the wound didn't cure so I removed it last week and kept a small stick but the wound is not curing.. what to do? there pus and blood come out. should I remove it.. ?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Septic nose

Detailed Answer:

You should remove the stick and apply an antibiotic ointment like Framycetin. My advise is you should get yourself examined by an ENT specialist or at least send me the picture of your nose so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.
Keep the wound clean.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal,
ENT Specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist