How to treat plantar fasciitis in the right foot?

Question
I was walking daily for exercise until I developed plantar faciitis in my right foot. It's gone now. I bought New Balance cross-trainer shoes to resume walking but they are very uncomfortable to walk in. Can you recommend another shoe?
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use any soft shoes with right plantar surface

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been gone through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you can use any soft tissue made for the purpose like joggers but always chose a recongnised sports brand like Nike or addidas however doing running on grass or sand or soft surface will be of added benefit. In cases of special foot type like flat feet or high arched feet specialised soles are usually available.

Soft sole pads are also available which can be used inside the shoes to give extra cushioning. You can also use calcium and Vitamin D3 for few weeks better bones and Vitamin A, B complex,C and E supplements for better skin and underlying tissues. Wishing you a great health.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.