How to treat neck pain that causes nausea and dizziness?

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
To or not to go to the ER...
The back of my neck is on fire with pain, I'm insanely dizzy like I can't walk stright and nauseated even with all three of my anti nausea meds. I'm tachycardic. I dunno I just feel absolutely AWFUL. Like I do everything to prevent things like this from happening and it still does. The struggle is real. I have Classical Ehlers Danlos, and here lately I've been having a LOT of problems with my neck being unstable and the vertebrae going out of alignment or subluxing or something similar. Not sure if this could be a combination of my POTS, gastroparesis and My neck? maybe something new like chairi malformations? Anyway, should I go? and if I do go what would I expect? Would I expect another admission?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be unstable neck vertebrae.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms that you have are likely to be related to unstable neck vertebrae. Rest without a pillow or using a cervical collar can help. You can attend an ER and get proper medicines prescribed after a detailed examination. This is not likely to be associated with an admission.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal