How to treat neck pain that causes nausea and dizziness?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: To or not to go to the ER...
The back of my neck is on fire with pain, I'm insanely dizzy like I can't walk stright and nauseated even with all three of my anti nausea meds. I'm tachycardic. I dunno I just feel absolutely AWFUL. Like I do everything to prevent things like this from happening and it still does. The struggle is real. I have Classical Ehlers Danlos, and here lately I've been having a LOT of problems with my neck being unstable and the vertebrae going out of alignment or subluxing or something similar. Not sure if this could be a combination of my POTS, gastroparesis and My neck? maybe something new like chairi malformations? Anyway, should I go? and if I do go what would I expect? Would I expect another admission?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be unstable neck vertebrae.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms that you have are likely to be related to unstable neck vertebrae. Rest without a pillow or using a cervical collar can help. You can attend an ER and get proper medicines prescribed after a detailed examination. This is not likely to be associated with an admission.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal