How to treat low platelet count and low vitamin-B12 levels?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Blood Disorders
Question: Ii have low platlets because of pernecious anemia or b12 intrusive factor how can I make. My platlets
High enough for back surgery the Dr.said mine are to low?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
improving B12 levels

Detailed Answer:
If you improve your vitamin B12 levels by the shots and sublingual B12 you are taking then hopefully your platelet counts will improve to normal. There are other things that can cause platelet abnormalities so once your vitamin B12 is restored to normal then if your platelet counts are still low your doctors may need to do some further testing. Sometimes even a bone marrow biopsy is required.
It is also possible that if you need an urgent surgery that the surgeons can give you platelet infusions at the time of surgery.
I wish you the best,
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson