Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

How to treat fast ventricular tachycardia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2254 Questions
I have had a couple of episodes of fast ventricular tachycardia one on a holder study of 224 bom for 11.8 seconds, my basal inferior left ventricle myocardium has abnormal thinking and enhancement, and I have sudendocardial enhancement/scarring in the anterolateral wall of huge basal and mid left ventricle myocardium. How should this be treated?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Following treatment options for ventric.tachy... Detailed Answer: Hi, Before deciding for the right treatment, you should do the following cardiac tests: - coronarography - electro-physiological study of the heart to determine if the ventricular tachycardia can be reversed. Depending on the problems of the heart, the best treatment will be prescribed: - if ischemia is present, stent or CABG should be the best option - if electro-physiological problems, ablation is the best treatment option; while ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) should be considered. I also advise to: - control the thyroid function - avoid alcohol/ caffeine/energetic drinks - try to control stress Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor