Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

How to treat blood blisters ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 157 Questions
Hi there. I have suddenly developed a large blood blister on my foreskin. How should I treat this please?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

It would be better if you answer these questions, so that i can help you in this problem.

1.When was your last intercourse?
2.Is it associated with pain?
3.Do you have difficulty in passing urine?
4.Do you have itching,soreness in that part?
5.Are you taking any medication?

Please get back with answers.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to treat blood blisters ? 2 hours later
Hello Doctor. I last had intercourse a couple of nights ago. I have no pain, itching or soreness and no difficulty passing urine. I am not taking any medication.

I am wondering if it is a blood blister or whether the skin is bruised - could this be a possibility?
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 3 hours later

Thanks for the follow up query.

Yes there is a possibility as this could be bruise as you don't have any other symptoms. Frictional injuries can result due to masturbation or intercourse and this frictional bruise can resemble like blood blisters.
The main differentiating feature between them is the blood blisters are elevated lesions with soft in touch and bleeds on rupture of blister.

If it is bruise you can wait it out, it will probably go away in a week or two. If not, you can have it checked then.
Applying over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone a couple of time a day after the blisters form may also help.

Hope i answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor